Esports is a relatively young sport. The date of its foundation can be considered 1972. It was then that the first video game competitions took place. They took place at Stanford University. The participants fought in the Spacewar game. Find out more about esports tournaments, games, betting, matches and more on game-boss.com.
In the 1980s, such competitions began to gather tens of thousands of participants. In the 1990s, the Internet began to spread around the world and not only residents of developed countries appeared among video game lovers. The official name “esports” appeared in 1999. At the same time, the Association of Online Players was created and computer sports began to be equated with traditional sports. Currently, South Korea is considered the center of eSports.
Cybersport is a sport for intellectuals. At the same time, it is spectacular and always arouses genuine interest among the audience. There are many disciplines in which competitions take place. Let’s talk about the most popular.
- FIFA. Football simulator. Now the tournaments are hosted by the FIFA organization itself.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The rules of the game are simple: 2 teams in each 5 people. One of the teams takes the attacking position, the second defends. The game continues until one of the teams wins in 16 rounds.
- Dota 2. The progenitor of this game is DotA, which was popular in the early 2000s. In 2011, Dota 2 was released. Unthinkable sums began to be played at tournaments in this discipline. So in 2016, 16 teams competed for a little over $20 million.
- League of Legends. It is considered the most popular esports game. In this discipline, importance is not attached to individual skills, but to team interaction.
At what age can you train
In order to succeed in e-sports, you need a quick reaction and good concentration. This requires constant and long-term training. The average age of professional athletes ranges from 20 to 22 years. The older the player, the worse the reaction and concentration. By the age of 30, most stop competing at the professional level.
If the goal is to achieve esports heights, then classes can be started in high school, about 11-13 years old. At the same time, it should be understood that training will take 4-5 hours a day. Sometimes you have to hone certain tactics and strategies at home.
If there is no goal to conquer the eSports Olympus and you just want the child to develop in an interesting direction, then training can be started at a later age: 13-14 years old.
Cybersportsmen spend a lot of time in a sitting position and in front of a computer screen. In order not to harm the growing body, you need to carefully consider the presence or absence of the following diseases in the child;
- Scoliosis in the last stages
- Ophthalmic diseases
- Chronic heart disease
- Diseases of the nervous system and mental health disorders
- Severe deformity of the pelvic bones
- Brain injury
Boys and girls
Computer sports do not imply gender division of players. Members of both sexes can participate in the tournaments, having reached a certain age (usually 16-18 years).
Cybersport is a new sport that is not yet fully understood and accepted by society. However, it develops contrary to traditional ideas and there are more and more admirers. Parents should take their child’s hobby more seriously, perhaps it will become his life’s work. But it’s not worth insisting on if there is no interest.